FLY A TAXI IN SPACE AND ON PLANETS IN A LARGE OPEN-WORLD GALAXY
- Fly around on a planet, depart from it and fly in space. Warp to another star, fly to one of it's planets, go down to it and fly around there.
- Completely open galaxy with thousands of stars, each with an average of three planets you can fly around on.
- Heavily populated galaxy: crowded city homeworlds, sleazy entertainment colonies, industrial wastelands and dangerous ghetto worlds but also prestine forest moons, desert planets and ancient alien burial sites.
WORK & LIVE AS A TAXINAUT IN A GALAXY INSPIRED BY 80'S EXPLOITATION MOVIES
- Your health, money and fuel all come from your soul-energy called VUDU.
- Burn and earn VUDU by picking up passengers and flying them to their destination.
- Pay with VUDU for food, RECOVERY, fines, permits, repairs, protection, cures, drugs and many other things hat are part of your life as a TAXINAUT.
- Deal with demanding customers, muggers, hustlers, bad traffic, rules & regulations and local hazards and irritations: from VUDU-sucking pests to deadly rogue weapon systems.
SEARCH OUT THE HARD TO FIND PLACES AND LEARN ABOUT THE WEIRD, WONDERFUL
AND DOWNRIGHT ILLEGAL
- Talking costs VUDU: Learn about locations by spending VUDU on TOPICS and receive VUDU bonuses when you find these locations.
- TOPICS lead into other TOPICS; ask anybody about any TOPIC.
- Use your VUDU on others to transfer some of their VUDU to yourself.
EASY LAID-BACK GAMEPLAY (IF YOU CAN STAND THE TRAFFIC)
- Gambling based game systems with a dash of tactics; no complicated puzzles or strategy to break your head over. Just take a chance or don't. Give yourself over to the mysteries of VUDU.
- Controls designed for lazy PC people: mouse in one hand, drink in the other. No need to ever touch the keyboard (you can if you want).
- No complicated stats, ponderous trading, inventory management, crafting or ambiguous levelling choices. It is grindy, but hey, you're a taxi driver, wadda you expect!?
- Simple & fun save system: Pay VUDU to save your progress at a RECOVERY-CENTER. Don't have the VUDU and simply want to quit? Just quit and you'll continue exactly where you left off next time you start the game (no VUDU required).
- No need to ever restart your game from the beginning, even if new content is added (unless you want to).
As you can see: I updated the website a little bit to hopefully hook some more people into TAXINAUT and give people who want to cover it a little bit more to work with. I'm planning to put TAXINAUT into Early-Access on Steam early 2018. If you are a games journalist or streamer or youtuber or blogger or such: I encourage you to go to the press section.
TAXINAUT was entered into the Game Development World Championship yesterday. They wanted you to make a little video to go with the submission so I thought I also share it here since it's there anyway. It doesn't show much different from previous videos so...
Preparing TAXINAUT for the GDWC I did a bit more streamlining and play testing then I would have done otherwise and I think the game improved because of it. One thing that has changed is that everything is now vudu: Life, fuel, money, it's all the same thing. The way taxi fares work is also slightly different (special thanks to Lee Lee).
Anyway, more to come soon. I'm taking a small break for a couple of days 'cause the last few weeks have been quite grindy and I'm starting to develop the "2 feet stare".
As you might know, Greenlight is being retired so Steam recently okayed most games that hadn't been greenlit yet including TAXINAUT.
This means that TAXINAUT will definitely be coming to Steam in 2018.
At the moment I am working to get TAXINAUT ready to enter two game competitions in September.
I've made a short video on some of the improvements since the last video.
You can watch it here.
If you're interested in TAXINAUT it would make me very happy if you followed mosgrom on twitter here. It's just me working on this and I would enjoy seeing a bit of feedback... or anything... 4 followers!?
TAXINAUT is on Steam Greenlight! If you have a steam account I would sure appreciate it if you vote for it. Vote for TAXINAUT here. There is also a new gameplay video, watch it here.
At the moment, I am working on an announcement video for TAXINAUT. I hope to have this out in the next few weeks.
After that I will work the rest of the year to add content to the game. There probably won't be a purchaseable version until early 2018.
I am looking into selling the game through Steam. I am considering making it available this year through "Early Access".
Please don't hesitate to contact
me. I look very much forward to hearing from you!
Copyright © Mosgrom. All rights reserved. Mosgrom and TAXINAUT are trademarks owned by Jasper Pol. TAXINAUT and the mosgrom.net website are for adults and make no effort to accommodate young children. Please read the terms & conditions
Enter your email-address below and I'll keep you posted on what's going on with TAXINAUT
I will only use your email-address to occasionally send you updates and I won't share it with others. You can send an email with "unsubscribe" to email@example.com
at any time to remove yourself from the list.